I heard someone say that December is now the new "June" sine a lot of couples choose this month to get hitched. It just goes to show that anything can be possible, yes, even short wedding dresses! I know women might find it unconventional to wear shorter dresses to a formal event such as a wedding but I don't think it's really taboo - it still will depend on the bride's comfort and preference.
When other women express their anxiety about going short it's often because of what people will think rather than what they really want. I point to Audrey Hepburn and Yoko Ono as examples of how to do whatever you want, go short and look fantastic.
Your wedding day is a time to show your friends and family the love between you and your significant other through the merging of your lives. This is not the time to experiment or to try to be something you are not, because you simply won't feel comfortable. Your wedding dress should reflect as much of this as possible. Here are some reasons why they can be your choice:
- If you're planning a beach wedding, this is practical especially if you would like to avoid a soiled train.
- Wearing them can be very comfortable. Obvious, but true! You don't want to spend your big day battling a corset or lugging around a heavy train or a long gown.
- Ideal for a petite bride as a long wedding dress can be overwhelming on a small frame.
- Price wise, it is often considerably less expensive than a long wedding dress.
- Since it is smaller in size, it is easier to transport if you are getting married abroad.
- Wanna dance? Short dresses are a great choice if you plan to throw some shapes on the dance floor.
- You can go to the toilet without assistance.
- Gives you a chance get to show off your amazing shoes and legs.
- You can wear it again and styled different ways too!
- Perfect for an informal wedding as you can still feel like a bride without feeling like you are very over-dressed.
Now that I've given you some advantages of wearing a shorter wedding dress, it's time to look at some of the dresses that might win your heart over. I personally searched them for you at PickedDresses where you can buy inexpensive gowns with good quality and aesthetics to match!
Aren't these dresses beautiful? They might not be everyone's choice but they're definitely a contender in the choosing game. All in all, short wedding dresses can always be a choice when it comes to your big day. With the right accessories and the right attitude, a bride can always shine whenever she wants to.