Was there ever a time when you felt too lazy to dress up and go to the mall to shop? Or was there a time when you wanted to try a new product that popped out of the market but is too hesitant to buy a full size coz it might not be worth it after all? Enter GlamourBox. For those women like me who love cosmetic, skincare and bath & body products, services & products offered by GlamourBox is perfect for us. Depending on your subscription, they send you a beauty box filled with samples of different products that is worth trying. Just last week, I received my very first beauty box.
What really amazed me is the box itself because it looked very “sosyal” and classy – almost like an iPhone box with its all-white color. You see I’m a sucker for well-thought of packaging but don’t get me wrong I am also very critical of the content. As soon as I opened the box, I found a total of 7 items inside plus an item description card with all the prices of full sized versions and where to get them – I did find that very useful for when I want to buy a full sized version.
Here are the things that I got from the box and my thoughts on each one:
1. KJI & Co Emergency Lash Rx – “This lash serum prevents new virgin hair from being adversely affected by cosmetic and environmental factors. Users will see dramatic improvement in lash volume, texture and density”. I’m not really crazy about this one though. But it’s a good thing that it came in a full size version. I still have not tried using this because I find it troublesome to apply although it might benefit my super short lashes.
2. Wild Peach Cosmetics Personal Palette – “The Wild Peach patented palette is designed to simplify your daily beauty routine. Featuring a magnetic base with free form layout, it lets you minimize clutter by consolidating makeup into one container.” So at first I was very happy to see a Palette inside the box with its cutesy animal print but when I opened it – it was empty. I've never heard of Wild Peach before so naturally I was disappointed. But when I read what it was all about, I actually thought this was useful since I can integrate all the makeup that I use to fit into this palette. I have tried de-potting some of my makeup but I find it too difficult :’(
3. Snoe Oil for All Argan Oil - “Argan Oil has been gaining recognition for its restorative and anti-aging benefits to the skin and hair. High in Vitamin E, this "Liquid Gold" heals dry skin, prevents acne breakouts and reduces marks.” I've heard a lot of good things about Argan Oil and I've already tried Snoe products before so maybe this is a good product to include in the box. It’s a good thing they had the bubble wrap on it or else it’ll soak up all the contents of the box. However I’m not really a fan of using oil for skin and hair.
4 & 5. Vouchers for Chi Dermatology and Cuzo Bags – I find the voucher for the Dermatology Clinic un-useful since I won’t be able to use it on myself. Hello! I’m from Zamboanga City but maybe I can raffle it away to my dear readers. The second one, I might use since I’m on the lookout for bags these days. It can only be used on purchases worth 1,500 though.
6. Calvin Klein Beauty – Of all that’s inside the box, I paid very little attention to the perfume sample maybe because I get a lot of it from mall counters. But lo and behold, when tried it, I fell in love with the long-lasting scent! I might buy a full sized bottle of this baby.
7. Carmex Moisturizing Lip Balm Jar – This is actually my first time to try Carmex because in all honesty I’m not a huge fan of lip balms except for the tinted ones. But when I tried this one, I fell in love right away – the scent of this balm is heavenly that it reminds me of butter! It also gives your lips a cooling sensation and prevents it from being chapped – I have dry lips so it’s like heaven-sent.
On a final note, I find this February box so-so because I didn't find all the items to my liking except for some but I guess that’s the function of this box right? You get to try those products on sample sizes before splurging on the full-sized ones. Plus there’s this surprise factor you get every time you receive a box. Hopefully though I’ll get more cosmetics or high end nail products too next time.